Sunday, October 01, 2006

About to Fly Out

This is just a brief entry to welcome you all to my blog. My nephew Nathan and I should be leaving the house around 8:30 in the morning (monday morning), take care of a couple of errands, and eventually get to the Atlanta airport and take off at 2 pm. In true Smelser fashion, I'm way behind and rushing to get things done. Sorry fellow Smelsers, but you know it's true. Our arrival in Chisinau Moldova will be 3:30 pm Tuesday (8:30 am Tuesday here in Georgia), after stops in New York's JFK and in Budapest (where Nathan and I have a 4 hour layover...just long enough to get to the town center for a bit and then back to the airport). Should have some interesting tales to tell by the time we get on the ground in Moldova...if I have immediate internet access. Hope you'll check back.

When commenting, after clicking "post a comment", please choose "other" as your identity, and place your name in the appropriate field.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely will check back!
Excited for you. Not so excited for Blue.

I'll do my best to keep you both in my prayers, for safe travels and effective and encouraging visits. (I haven't always done too well remembering.)

amy r

Anonymous said...

"SOOAAAP!!!!" - Darryl, as a load of laundry reached the final rinse cycle and he realized he'd forgotten to add soap... for the second consecutive time.
"Oh well, two washes without soap is probably good enough."

Anonymous said...

Darryl - Plese convey my greetings to the saints in Moldova and enjoy your time with these wonderful people. They will teach you as much as you teach them. I do hope you have opportunity to lecture at the teacher college -- lots of desperate single women!
brotherly,
john a smith

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you both as you head out on the plane. What a wonderful wonderful opportunity for both of you and the saints abroad! I will pray.

Laundry in this country isn't too dirty (usually - Nathan's ranch stuff excepted!) so two washes without soap is ok!

Anonymous said...

Deep down I must be a Smelser.... either that or I've spent too much time with Smelser's (if that's possible). I must secretly (as in unbeknownst to even me!) get a thrill out of the last minute rush. *sigh* Hope you make your flight!!

Have a great trip. Looking forward to many updates and pictures!!

Anonymous said...

We made our flight, even had three hours or so of sleep beforehand! Preparing to board our second flight at JFK right now. And to John Smith: "desparate" may be the key I've not been locating.

Anonymous said...

Darryl, I was glad to see you & Nathan off this afternoon, and Nathan, it was so good to meet you! God bless you both in your efforts & keep safe.

Anonymous said...

Great to see your blog up. Did you end up getting a digital camera? Hope you can send lots of pictures while you're traveling. Greet the Christians for us in that part of the world.

Anonymous said...

Hope by now you are safe at your destination. Had hoped to see a post to that effect, but I guess you have a lot of things needing attention, not the least of which is jet lag. Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Libby and had the same thought: You'll probably miss your flight out of Budapest. Actually, Howard Colvin and I did something similar on our way to Moldova. We had a less than 4 hour layover in Frankfurt - made it in and back out to our flight just fine. Looking forward to seeing news of your travels.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a preacher with a sense of humor! Glad your trip went well and we look forward to reading your post while you are away.