Sunday, April 01, 2012

Departure Tomorrow for Southern Mexico

I met Elver Espinoza in Nicaragua. He's a Mexican brother who traveled there to help us and translate for us during a trip I had there in Nicaragua 2 years ago. He's a great guy, and we work really well together. Elver has been wanting me to come to Mexico since then, and the church where he is in San Cristobal de las Casas invited me a few months ago to come work with them. San Cristobal is in the southernmost Mexican state of Chiapas, not far from Guatemala.

I'll be speaking in San Cristobal about 5 days, and then also in churches in cities in the surrounding area. Most of those are one day events, though one will be a Saturday and Sunday. I prefer more work in fewer locations, but, as Elver put it, when someone comes down there to speak, "Everyone wants a piece of you." He'll be translating for me during the whole two week period.

(click images to enlarge them)

My flight departs from LAX Monday morning at 7:10, I change planes in Mexico City, and then arrive in Tuxtla Gutierrez (not too far from San Cristobal) at 4pm . . . and I'm scheduled to speak in Tuxtla at 6 pm. Afterward, a social affair and food, and then a late evening drive in the mountains to San Cristobal. The distance is about 30 miles in a straight line, and I'm guessing that's doubled or even tripled on the road:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.