Sunday, November 12, 2006

Headed South

It's 10:30 pm Sunday night, and I'm packed and just about ready to get to bed. Planning to get up and leave around 4 am headed south to Turkey. No time for a lengthy post right now. I hope to be able to post new entries from Turkey, but if you don't see any, please don't assume anything too bad! I just don't know how easy it will be to get internet access while we're traveling the way we will be traveling. I hope we can find some internet joints for web access...or even wireless outside a nice hotel.

We plan to be back here in Chisinau Saturday evening, meet with the churches on Sunday, and then fly home on Monday.

Basic Outline of the Last Three Days:

Friday morning: Balti
Friday afternoon: Picked up rental car
Friday afternoon: Didn't go to the museum
Friday evening: Study with Christians here in Chisinau
Saturday 4:45 am to 8:45 pm: Trip to Odessa, Ukraine
(stories to tell about that)
Saturday, late evening: Supper at home of members here
Sunday morning: Nathan/Balti, Me/Tiraspol (visitors in Tiraspol)
Sunday evening: Assembly here in Chisinau

Mitch and Julie:
We arrive in Atlanta Monday evening Nov. 20 about 8:30 pm (on one paper is listed 8:22 pm, on another 8:40 pm - it's a Delta flight from JFK). Would you be able to either (1) meet us at the airport with my car, or (2), leave my car parked for me in some specified place with the key locked in it? - I have a key with me. Please send me an email with possibilities. Thanks!

4 comments:

Darryl said...

Oh, and thanks for the overnight invitation, but if I'm coherent, I'm thinkin we'll head on down to WR. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm here! I caught up on all your posts! I apparently missed a large quantity of information regarding your travels because I thought you would only be gone, like, a MONTH, and so I left about 5 messages on your answering machine wondering what you were doing for thanksgiving. whoops....these blogs have provided entertainment for my friends of the Bowling Green area- I will keep up from here on out

Anonymous said...

All of these places in Turkey sound great! I can't wait to see some posted pictures. I've been preaching about Pergamos and Ephesus and Laodicea (Rev. 2-3) for three weeks now (in different places) and was thinking it would be neat to see what they looked like! hope it's alot of fun--Jonathan H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darryl.

Sorry I haven't been able to get back on here for a bit, but I had a thought about meals and company. Make it simple - a vegetable soup, maybe with lentils added. No meat for those who want vegies and you could put some spices on the side. Make it thick and serve rice on the side or under a scoop of thick soup. Add chili powder to yours :)

We are thinking of you both and will pray for safe travels to continue. Where is WR?

Tell Nathan I understand about the western/english difference! It is amazingly weird when used to one kind of saddle and rein hold to be "switched" - might be kind of like trying to ride a bicycle after learning on a unicycle - can be done, but Weird!